Mid-Coast Master Naturalists will be selling 100’s of hard-to-find native plants at the HummerBird Celebration in Rockport Friday-Sunday, September 20-22, 2019. We will have 4-inch plants for $4, 1-gallon plants for $8, and 2- and 5-gallon plants from $13 to $28 each. We will have perennials (wildflowers), shrubs, small ornamental trees, shade trees, vines, groundcovers, grasses, and a few cacti. Come learn how you can save money, reduce work, and feed birds and butterflies!
- Native plants need minimal maintenance
- Plants native to your area are more drought- and heat-tolerant and less likely to freeze
- Once established, native plants need less water—lower cost & less work
- Natives need little or no fertilizer—lower cost & less pollution
- Native plants support 29 times more wildlife diversity than exotic plants
- “Your land can be a wildlife preserve that represents our last chance for sustaining plants and birds that were once common throughout the United States.”—Douglas Tallamy, in Bringing Nature Home: How You Can Sustain Wildlife with Native Plants
Hope to see you there. Don’t forget to ask for a plant information sheet, whether you buy anything or not!