Some opportunities are on hold until the coronavirus is less danger. For information, email the Volunteer Coordinator Nicole Gaertner or call 361-749-3153. To get started in any of these opportunities, become a volunteer.
PO: Mission-Aransas NERR:
- Bay Education Center, Rockport—Open: serve as a Docent at the center Tuesday–Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
- Estuary Explorium, Port Aransas (still closed): As a Docent, make a difference educating the public about the importance of estuaries when it reopens.
- Wetlands Education Center, Port Aransas—Open: Volunteers are needed to lead guided tours on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 am.
RM: ARK rescue/rehab: Amos Rehabilitation Keep Information
RM: Other Locations (specify M-A NERR): Stewardship Opportunities
- Wetlands Education Center & Dunescape Invasive Species Control and Restoration
- Other Stewardship Opportunities
NPA: Other locations (specify M-A NERR): Stewardship Opportunities
Mission-Aransas NERR has two areas that can demonstrate the value of using native plants to benefit wildlife while saving human time, effort, and expense. Volunteers are needed to maintain and update native plantings:
- Water Wise Wildlife Garden
- Wetlands Education Center
Email Nicole or call 361-749-3153 if you’d like to participate in special workdays in these areas or volunteer individually.
Volunteer with the Mission-Aransas NERR research! Reporting is task-dependent