Little Bay Rookery Islands Preparation – On or about Nov. 30th in the morning
- Date will be zeroed in on as we get closer to account for weather
- Chapter members are invited to join Coastal Birding Program Ecologists to get the islands ready for nesting season
- Wear long-sleeved work clothes, sturdy shoes you do not mind getting into the water, work gloves, and bring plenty of water
- Will be treating for fire ants
- Native Plant Installation that CPB will be bringing out: They will drill holes, etc. for us to plant, water and surround with plastic casing. Can bring a digging tool.
- Cactus propagation: Bring thorn resistant heavy-duty gloves, grilling tongs, digging tool, and a machete to cut pears
- Nesting platforms: Tools, power drills and wood screws
Contact D’Ann Williams to be on the Little Bay Rookery contact list: email@example.com 214-334-7959
Windswept Oaks Rookery Park – Tuesdays/Thursdays – Mid-December through early January – Nesting Material Placement
- Will be retrieving silverleaf sunflower stalks from Aransas Pathways sites and bringing them to the rookery to break up for nesting material
- Pickup truck beds needed, bring a bright rag to tie to materials that extend beyond your truck bed.
- Wear work clothes, work gloves and plenty of water
Contact D’Ann Williams to be on the Windswept Oaks Rookery contact list: firstname.lastname@example.org 214-334-7959
Rookery Prep on Aransas Waterways
- Meet at D’Ann Williams’ home to go out to various nesting sites in Aransas Bays as weather permits. Dress in work clothes, bring water and snacks
- Will be cutting out fishing line with paddleboards at various mangrove rookeries
- Will need heavy-duty gloves, scissors/pocket knives, carabiner/line to strap tools to paddleboard
- Will be supplied Up2U trash bags
- On rookery islands will be treating fire ants, propagating cactus, repairing platforms, removing trash/fishing line
- Will assign areas so you can—on your own—cut out fishing line in other areas via kayaks and paddle boards
Contact D’Ann Williams to be on the Aransas Waterways Rookeries contact list: email@example.com 214-334-7959
Report all as RM: Other Locations and specify location.