Aransas Pathways properties in Rockport will have an ongoing need for volunteers to create and maintain trails, pollinator gardens, Monarch Waystations, prairie restoration, and improve habitat throughout the properties. Bring water, your favorite tools, and garden gloves. Dress for the weather and wear closed-toe shoes.
Linda S. Castro Nature Sanctuary:
Vickie Wilson, Project Leader, has scheduled workdays from 8:00 to 10:00 am (or as long or short as you can to stay):
- Tuesday, October 25th—Wildflower Seed Dispersal
- Watch this space for additional workdays as they are scheduled
Work can include a general clean-up of specific areas and other tasks. Contact Jane Moore if you can volunteer or to ask questions.
Interested in working at one of the other Aransas Pathways sites? Contact Jennifer Heard by email or call her at 361-790-9496 if you have questions, or to find out what needs to be done so you can work a different day or time:
- Ivy Lane Birding & Nature Site
- Aransas County History Center
- Connie Hagar Cottage Sanctuary
- Tule East or West
- Henderson Property
- If working on gardens or clearing trails, providing education or easier access to the public, report as NPA: Aransas Pathways with the site name in the description
- If working on improving native habitat for wildlife outside the garden areas, report as RM: Aransas Pathways with the site name in the description