Through TPWD’s Texas Waters program, we develop a corps of well-informed volunteer specialists who provide education, outreach, and service dedicated to the beneficial management of aquatic resources and aquatic habitats within their communities for the state of Texas. Certification requirements, advanced training, and service opportunities can be found on TPWD’s Texas Water Specialist webpage. Join one or all the Texas Waters webinars to learn about Texas aquatic ecosystems, partnerships, water laws, and conservation efforts. To register for the webinars, click links below or visit the Texas Waters Specialist page for registration and recorded webinars.
Report each session as AT: Texas Waters Certification with the title in the description.
- Tuesday, February 7@ 6:30-7:30 PM CT – Taylor Keys, Program Director with Texan by Nature, Texas Water Action Collaborative – Register
- Thursday, March 9@ 6:30-7:30 PM CT – Marty Kelly, Natural Resources Specialist-Coastal Fisheries with Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Texas Water Resource Data – Register
- Thursday, April 20@ 6:30-7:30 PM CT – Elizabeth McGreevy, Ecological planner and Roots in Karst CEO, Mountain Cedars: the Limestone Junipers of Texas – Register
- Wednesday, May 10@ 6:30-7:30 PM CT – Rachel R. Fern, Statewide Wetland Program Leader with Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Texas Wetlands – Register
- Wednesday, June 21@ 6:30-7:30 PM CT – Wendy Anderson, Spatial Analyst-Wildlife Division with Texas Parks and Wildlife, Mapping Texas Landscapes on the Go: Texas Parks and Wildlife Departments’ TEAMgo Tool – Register
- Tuesday, July 11@ 6:30-7:30 PM CT – Ally Schlandt, Program and Outreach Specialist with The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment, Texas Stream Team – Register
- Wednesday, August 9@ 6:30-7:30 PM CT – Robert Mace, Executive Director & Chief Water Policy Officer with The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment, One Water & Water Conservation – Register
Questions? Please direct them to Melissa Felty (Alderson), Conservation Education Manager, ConservationEdu@tpwd.texas.gov